The Simms Guide Classic Wader is a best-in-class fishing wader designed for serious anglers who demand the best in performance, durability, and comfort. Made from high-quality materials, these waders are built to withstand the toughest conditions and provide reliable protection and support while you fish.
One of the standout features of the Simms Guide Classic Wader is the use of 4-layer GORE-TEX Pro Shell fabric, which provides exceptional breathability, waterproofing, and durability. The waders are also reinforced with extra layers of fabric in high-wear areas such as the knees, shins, and seat, ensuring that they will last for many seasons of use.
In terms of comfort, the Simms Guide Classic Wader features a variety of thoughtful design elements. The adjustable suspenders allow for a custom fit, while the neoprene booties provide a snug and comfortable fit for your feet. The waders also have a flip-out pocket for storing small items like tippet, and the hand warmer pockets are lined with fleece for added warmth.
Overall, the Simms Guide Classic Wader is an excellent choice for anglers who demand the best in terms of performance and comfort. While they are a bit more expensive than some other waders on the market, the quality of the materials and construction make them well worth the investment. Whether you’re a seasoned angler or just starting out, the Simms Guide Classic Wader is sure to provide years of reliable use and excellent performance on the water.
We’ve been fishing the Sage Pulse 5-weight for nearly 3 years now and thought we should finally tell you that you should add it to your fly fishing quiver ASAP! The Sage Pulse 5-weight rod is a high-quality fly rod designed for versatile use in freshwater environments. It’s a medium-fast action rod that offers excellent performance for anglers of all skill levels, from beginner to expert.
One feature to love in the Sage Pulse 5-weight rod is its construction. The rod is made using Sage’s KonneticHD technology, which involves a unique blend of high-modulus graphite materials that increase strength, reduce weight, and improve accuracy. This technology allows the rod to be both responsive and sensitive, making it easier to cast and detect strikes.
The Sage Pulse 5-weight rod also features a beautiful, stealthy black spruce blank that gives it a sleek, modern appearance. The rod is equipped with high-quality components, including Fuji ceramic stripper guides and hard-chromed snake guides that ensure smooth line flow and minimize friction.
When it comes to performance, the Sage Pulse 5-weight rod does not disappoint. Its medium-fast action allows for excellent line control and accuracy, making it ideal for both short and long casts. The rod has a smooth and consistent flex, which makes it easy to cast with accuracy and distance. The rod also has excellent sensitivity, making it easy to detect subtle strikes and pick up on changes in the water.
Overall, the Sage Pulse 5-weight rod is an exceptional fly rod that offers excellent performance, quality construction, and versatility. It’s a great choice for anglers who want a high-quality rod that can handle a variety of fishing situations. While it is on the higher end of the price range for 5-weight rods, the Sage Pulse is a worthwhile investment for any angler who wants a reliable and high-performing fly rod.
So you’ve thought about Fly Fishing this season, we’ve put together a list of the few essentials needed to kick start your season and new obsession.
- Fly Rod: A fly rod is a long, flexible fishing rod designed specifically for fly fishing. The length and weight of the rod will depend on the type of fishing you plan to do, but a good all-around rod for freshwater fishing is usually 9 feet long and weighs between 4 and 6 ounces.
- Fly Reel: The fly reel is attached to the rod and holds the fly line. Look for a reel that matches the weight of your rod and has a good drag system.
- Fly Line: The fly line is the weight-forward line that you cast with the fly rod. The weight of the line should match the weight of your rod and reel.
- Leader and Tippet: The leader is a tapered line that connects the fly line to the fly. The tippet is a thin, transparent line that connects the fly to the leader. The length and weight of the leader and tippet will depend on the size of the fly and the fish you are targeting.
- Flies: Flies are the lures used in fly fishing. They come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors and imitate different types of insects and baitfish. Start with a few basic patterns like Woolly Buggers, Adams, and Pheasant Tails.
- Waders and Boots (optional): If you plan to fish in cold water or wade in the water, you may want to invest in a pair of waders and boots. Waders are waterproof pants that extend up to the chest, while boots provide traction on slippery rocks and mud.
- Other Accessories: You may also want to bring a fly box to hold your flies, a pair of polarized sunglasses to reduce glare, and a hat to protect you from the sun.
So you’re planning to go turkey hunting, well you should! We’ve put together a simple list of Turkey Hunting Essentials that will hopefully help you out as you make the next step into the exciting side of Turkey Hunting.
1. Turkey calls: Turkey calls are essential for attracting turkeys. There are different types of turkey calls, such as box calls, slate calls, mouth calls, and locator calls. You may want to bring a few different types to see which one works best for the turkeys in your area. Box calls are always an easy first introduction to calling and easier to use then mouth calls.
2. Camouflage clothing: Turkeys have very good eyesight, so you’ll want to wear camouflage clothing that matches the environment you’ll be hunting in. Make sure to wear a camo hat, face mask, and gloves as well.
3. Turkey decoys: Turkey decoys can be effective in luring turkeys into range. There are different types of decoys, such as hen decoys, jake decoys, and tom decoys. Depending on the season and location, different decoys may work better.
4. Shotgun: A shotgun is the most popular firearm used for turkey hunting. A 12-gauge shotgun is the most common, but a 20-gauge can also work. There are even .410 options that can work well. Make sure to use turkey-specific loads that provide enough shot density and penetration to take down a turkey.
5. Ammunition: As mentioned, turkey-specific loads are essential for hunting turkeys. Look for shotshells that are specifically designed for turkey hunting and have a shot size of #4, #5, or #6.
6. Turkey vest: A turkey vest can hold all of your turkey hunting essentials, such as calls, ammunition, decoys, and more. It can also provide some cushioning when sitting on the ground for long periods of time.
7. Safety gear: Safety should always be a top priority when hunting. Make sure to wear a hunter orange hat and vest when moving to and from your hunting location especially when hunting on Public Lands.
The Garmin Striker Vivid 7 CV is a fantastic fishfinder that has made a significant difference in my fishing trips. The unit is well-designed and easy to use, with a bright and clear display that provides detailed images of what’s happening below the water.
One of the standout features of this fishfinder is its CHIRP sonar technology, which delivers incredibly clear and detailed images of the fish and structures beneath the water’s surface. It’s easy to distinguish between different fish species and to locate schools of fish quickly, even in deeper waters.
Another thing I appreciate about the Garmin Striker Vivid 7 CV is its GPS capabilities. The unit provides accurate and up-to-date information on water depth, temperature, and speed, which has helped me make more informed decisions about where to cast my line. The GPS also allows for easy navigation and marking of waypoints, making it simple to return to successful fishing spots in the future.
The unit is easy to install, with a straightforward interface that’s intuitive to navigate. The touchscreen is responsive and user-friendly, and the unit is compatible with a range of transducers and other accessories, allowing for customization to suit individual fishing needs.
Overall, I highly recommend the Garmin Striker Vivid 7 CV to any angler looking for a high-quality fishfinder. Its CHIRP sonar technology, GPS capabilities, and user-friendly design make it a valuable tool for any fishing trip, and the unit’s durability and reliability make it an excellent investment for years to come.