One of our favorite wild turkey recipe’s is smoked turkey breast. Here’s a simple recipe to try:
• 1 wild turkey breast
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 1 tablespoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
1. Preheat your smoker to 225°F (110°C).
2. Rinse the turkey breast and pat it dry with paper towels.
3. Rub the olive oil all over the turkey breast, making sure to cover it evenly.
4. Mix the poultry seasoning, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
5. Rub the seasoning mixture all over the turkey breast, making sure to cover it evenly.
6. Place the turkey breast on the smoker rack, making sure there is enough space for the smoke to circulate around the meat.
7. Smoke the turkey breast for 2-3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
8. Remove the turkey breast from the smoker and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Note: Make sure to follow all safety guidelines for handling and cooking wild game. It’s important to fully cook wild turkey to ensure it’s safe to eat.